View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
dymur89
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Talking Hi Everyone!I just joined today..Im a NEWBIE!

Hi my name is Daisy,I am 19 years old and live in Miami,FL ...

THE STORY OF HOW I BECAME OBSSESED WITH YORKSHIRE TERRIERS,WHY I WANT ONE AND HOW I FOUND THIS SITE:

It all started when one day my friend told me she knew a person that was giving away puppies (for free!).They were Labrador and German shepherd breed.I really wanted one so so bad!Ive always wanted a dog but never had the opportunity.So I told my parents about it and they immediatelly thought I was crazy(unlike me,my parents are very ignorant about these certain things and arent open minded)....I begged and expained how much I wanted a dog and that not many people give away dogs for free.They replied NO.Their reason:The breed(german shepherd and labrador mix) grows to be really big in size and where will we have the dog,and because of my two cats.Which didnt make sense to me because we live in a house with a back yard and dogs can get along with cats if socialized at a young age....Im am a total animal lover and thought it was completely unfair to not let me have a puppy in the house that I would have plenty of time to take care of and give undivided attention to because I currently dont have a job or go to school.So I kept begging them for a couple of days and believe it or not I even cried alot and stressed about it so much.Specially knowing that some people own dogs and dont even take care of them properly or even abuse their pets!One day I asked my parents WELL WHAT IF ITS A SMALL DOG.Their reply YES.

So I started researching and comparing dogs online (small breeds only) and ended up loving YORSHIRE TERRIERS.Not only because theyre so cute and adorable but I love theyre loving personality and intelligence....

Since then Ive been reading immense amount of articles online about the breed and even watchin videos on youtube about people training them or playing with them etc.I even bought this great magazine that says EVERYTHING about Yorkies(I read the entire magazine in just one day)...I just love Yorkies upbeat personality and look.Now that im more knowledgeable Ive decided its the right dog for me.

But then I thought,WHERE WILL I BUY IT FROM AND CAN I AFFORD IT.I thought of puppy shops and went crazy searching online and found out it is a very bad idea and that its better to find a good reputable breeder.But theyre so expensive!Specially the so called TEACUP.Ive seen theyre price range up to $6000.To me its kind of ridiculous because your paying more for a teacup that is more prone to health problems and more fragile and expensive to care for..So Im still currently searching all over florida and nearby states for a good breeder but that isnt so expensive....

My parents and my boyfriend think Im crazy and that Im stressing too much.I constantly talk about Yorkies,their personality,theyre health problems,etc. But hey! To me is natural as an Animal and Dog lover.Or atleast I THINK so....

In the process of thousands of clicks I found this wonderful helpful website that I can share my obssesion and love for Yorkies with.Isnt that amazing!

What are your opinion about my story.And SHOULD I BUY A DOG AT THE PET SHOP OR FROM BREEDER.

Can someone please help or give me info about owning a dog for the first time.Owning a Yorkie,finding a good breeder with prices my parents can afford,about a Yorkie you own etc.

OR SIMPLY JUST INTRODUCE YOURSELF.. ID LIKE TO GET TO KNOW SOME PEOPLE ON THIS SITE
dymur89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!