View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Nikitta34
YT 500 Club Member

Icon2 Happy Tails Pet Resort in Jackson, WY, and Questions about Kenneling

Has anyone used the Happy Tails Pet Resort kennel in Jackson, WY? I am making a reservation there for Meg, and while they sound very knowledgeable and kind on the phone, I would like to get some reviews from actual customers. Ideally I'd go and visit them myself, but since I live on the other side of the world, that is not an option.

Meg's stay would be for 3 nights. I'm going to miss her so much, but... this place does sound like a great kennel, and my husband and his family are really putting on the pressure to not take Meg into Yellowstone Nat'l Park. <sigh>

Things I like about them:
- Same location as the Spring Creek Animal Hospital in case of any emergencies...
- Friendly staff, vets on call 24-7
- Climate controlled kennels
- Dogs go into private, covered runs 3x day. No other dog will be in the run when she is, and hawks, etc cannot attack her.
- They won't let Meg get near any other dogs except for a small dog if they have one staying who has a friendly temperment.
- They said that they sometimes allow small dogs to be in the office area so they have more company. Part of me likes this idea (Meg being around people) and part of me does not like it (what if she gets attacked by another dog being seen by the vet?!).
- She doesn't need to be spayed, and it's okay if she happens to go into heat while she is there.
- Bordatella is recommended but not required. Should I get Meg vaccinated for this? How serious is it if she gets it? I am not a fan of dosing Meg up with vaccinations she doesn't really need.
- I can request an extra 15 min of playtime for $8.95 (how about an extra 3 hrs of playtime?!).
- I can bring all of her bedding, toys, food, etc.
- There are different size kennels I can have her in: 2x4 or 6x3. I'm thinking 6x3 at least.
- They have three kennels with video cameras that display streaming video over the internet so you can check on your pet. These are the pet "suites" and I"m sure they are pricey.
- They are fine with Meg having her pee paper in the kennel with her.

What other questions should I be asking? I am so nervous about leaving her. It will be her first time away from me since I took her home at 13 weeks.

Meg's stats:
- 8 months old at time of kenneling
- current weight: 3.8 lbs
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!