View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
Toby'sMama
Donating YT Addict

I wish I had some of this info when I went through this with my first yorkie. She lost her sight for the last 2 or 3 years of her life. As she went with me pretty much everywhere, I tried to keep her life pretty normal. She did fine as long as I let her know when there were obstacles. When we came to a curb or a step... I said wait, and then said jump up, or jump down. Occasionally she'd run into something, but I just said "you're okay" and we'd continue on. Of course, she got carried around quite a bit -- but not any more then I did when she had her sight. I wanted her to keep her independance for as long as possible. At home, I did the same until she knew her way around. I'd tell her wait to let her know something was there, and then she'd find her way from there.

Just stay as calm as you can with your baby, and work through it with him. Before long, he'll be getting around as good as he did before. Just don't move things on him without working him through the changes! Lots of love and tummy rubs are in order!
Toby'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!