View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #12
tritsy
Yorkie Yakker

thank you all so much for your unconditional support and love for our dogs. sammy fell down the stairs today... he is fine (THANK GOD), but now i know i can't leave him for a second upstairs. i placed a strip of rug on the hardwood floor in front of the stairs, so hopefully he will learn that means the stairs are nearby. the scent training might work very well with him-he uses his nose all the time. (though he missed his litterbox a few times-i moved it and he's fine now). I'm giving him small doses of independence with success-setting him down on his litterbox, then moving away and talking to him. i say "oops" when he is going to bump into something, and already i notice he is doing better, though very, very tentative. so by the time we go to the eye vet, i should have a better idea of how well he will deal with things if he doesn't recover his sight. and even if he doesn't, he will still be loved! and we did take a shoping trip to target (in his new kwigy-bo bag), and he really enjoyed it, i think. (ok, so he slept the whole time lol)

i will be visiting the websites and the herbalist for scents. i hope you guys know how much this is helping us, cuz i would be at a loss emotionally and knowledge-wise without you.
tritsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!