View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
LunasMomma
Izzy's Momma Too!
Donating Member

Oh, I feel your pain! When I first got my little Luna, she wouldn't eat hardly at ALL She ended up at the ER vet almost dead Her sugar level was extremely low and the vet said if I had waited another HOUR she wouldn't have made it

Please keep checking her gums to make sure that they remain dark pink. Very light pink or gray coloring means that their blood sugar is dangerously low. If she won't eat the Nutrical, try this recipe that a breeder gave me. Here is the thread, with the recipe and our story.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...oglycemia.html

This really saved my sanity and Luna's life. She was purchased at a pet store and was so sickly

If you follow the whole thread, Diggy4 also posted a terrific recipe for fussy eaters that sounds really good, in case your baby won't eat the first one. The problem with my Luna was partly due to her being younger than the store said (I believe now) and she just could not chew the kibbles that they sent home with us, or any other kinds that I tried. You may need to pulverize some in the food processor or blender for a while until her teeth and mouth can handle it whole

Good luck, and please keep us posted. We worry, y'know
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!