View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 02:05 PM   #18
jwash
YT 500 Club Member

I replaced my den with Retroflooring, which is a new laminate that looks exactly like wood and is used for dance floors, so you can imagine how much abuse it can take. It is put down in planks, not sheets. My research before going to that type of flooring showed that indeed urine can and will seep into hardwood unless gotten up immediately. Although I like tile and have a lot of it in my house, it is very cold and hard on the legs if you stand on it long. I am very close to replacing all of my carpet with retroflooring but the warmth of carpeting when I get out of bed is hard to give up. I did buy a nice wool rug for the den and so far the girls have not peed on it and that is the room they are usually in. They also have favorite spots and unfortunately they are in the living room, which is carpeted right now. I've decided to pay a decorator to come, look at my house and make suggestions on what to do with the flooring as well as other areas that need an update. By the way, this flooring and hardwood was about the same price.
jwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!