View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantyeyedgirl View Post
speaking of top knots, does your yorkies have bald spots from the knots? Ginger is always pulling her out. I think it pulls her hair out at the same time. I'm worried the bald spots will be permanent and she will need plugs. Now, I've been braiding her hair so it doesn't pull so hard. Any thoughts?
Joey's breeder said that this could happen if the topknot is pulled too tight and the band is wrapped too tight. In fact, she said that if pulled too tight for too long the skin could turn black and die, if it's just balding the hair may grow back. Ginger may also be pulling it out because it hurts, they really shouldn't feel the topknot.. She said to always place a metal comb between the topknot and the skull to make sure there is enough space, some people have suggested loosening the topknot with a ragtail comb.

Joey wears a topknot all of the time, but only for special occasions does he wear a bow. I actually love the band with one of those mini clips, and there are some cute barrettes too. One of his daddy's favorites has the Detroit Red Wing insignia.

Join today and remove this ad!