View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
yorkieagility
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevnsntsophie
question 1: I have a 10 week old Yorkie and she uses potty pads in her x-pen. But when i let her play in the house with me she goes. I know her potty dance but by the time i get her ( she gets about 10 ft away from me to go) shes already started. So im not sure if i should interupt or not. But i am. I tell her No and bring her to her pad and say 'go potty'. But by that time she doesnt need to go anymore. And she just sits on her pad and looks at me. so i let her sit for 30 secs and say again go potty and nothing. So then its back to play time. Im not sure if i should be leaving her in there after she goes in the house or not.

I think your puppy really enjoys being with you and if she needs to go she will hold it as long as she can before she can no longer hold it and thats when you see her do the pee pee dance. I think you will have to come up with a time schedule and take her to the pee pee pad ever so often and not wait for her to do the pee pee dance.

Quote:
question 2: she sleeps in her x-pen at night ( in the garage, dont worry its super insualted so its warm at night and cool in the day and its carpeted)with her open crate. Im not sure if i can let her sleep in my room. Im afraid she may not cry to go to the bathroom and urinate in there. and i dont want to defeat the purpose of the crate. So should i leave her in the x-pen all the time or can i start bringing her in the room with me? I dont want to risk not being consistent. so im not sure if movingher crate around is a good idea.
Quote:
I think you can purchase a bottom pan for some x-pen. If you can find one that fit your x-pen you will not have to worry about that. You might want to check into it. Bring her into your room may or may not confuse her so I think it is really up to you. I have move my puppies from one room to another and in my case it didn't effect them.
yorkieagility is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!