View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #15
BebeGirl
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzidad View Post
Mitzi is now 7 months old. I went through EVERYTHING that you are experiencing Do yourself a favor, GOOGLE 'what's the hardest breed of dog to housetrain' and you'll see it's Yorkies. All of a sudden it's like a light went off and she gets it. Please be patient. I strongly believe that Yorkies don't mature as fast as other breeds, and I don't think their little sphincters have much control at an early age. Be consistent with times. If she eats breakfast at 8:00 am, rest assured that by 8:30 - 9:00 she will have to poop. If she makes a mistake, take her over to it and tell her 'no poop here' then walk her outside and show her where to go. I even go as far as to take the soiled paper towel outside and show her the designated spot and tell her 'good girl, go here'. I cannot tell you how frustrating it was the first six months, but please hang in there. Also, walking her is perfect, but remember she's more apt to do her business when you bring her to her spot and let her sniff, not rushing her along for a walk. Offer her the command and stick with the command (e.g.,) I tell Mitzi good piddle and she does so on command. The poop thing took a little longer, but again, I strongly believe their little sphincters don't have control for the first six months or so. I can tell you this, once she is trained you and your boyfriend will LOVE her even more, if possible. The only suggestion I would make is that if you're going to use pee-pee pads, and then at times take her out, you are cofusing her. Pick one of the other. Good Luck. PLEASE do not lose faith.
Thanks!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!