View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
oopsmyhalofello
Just Pawz
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskinner View Post
In my ckc, akc post something got my attention that I really didn't think about before. If you are not trying to breed or show a dog what good are papers? A dog is a dog whether they have papers or not. Right? Or, is it all about getting a healthy puppy? Papers don't always guarantee that though right? So is it imperative to get a dog with papers whether it is akc or ckc as long as you research the dog and where it is coming from? So many questions I have never had before getting Rocco. Like I have mentioned before we always just had mixed breeds and they were the best pets too so all this about papers, breeders, etc is a lot of information.
AKC registration is important to me, I feel that coupled with knowing your breeder and trusting them is the best way to ensure you will have a purebred healthy pup. I have never sent in the registrations on my dogs but I have the papers for all of them. I should also add that having the puppy from a young age is also important to me. At least while I have children in my home

oopsmyhalofello is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!