Thread: Truman's ears
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #7
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
What was the infection he had in his ears that you treated? I don't know what to make of it...is it "oily" where the scales are, or dry? Is there a smell?

This is the derm. I went to for the boys - if you click on FAQs - you will see actual patient cases along with *very* helpful pictures...maybe this will help you i.d. something: Dermatology Clinic for Animals
I'm sorry that I was a little crabby this morning.
The way the vet explained his ear infection was just from lack of dental hygiene and infection in his teeth. This was months ago and his inner ear has totally cleared up. He had skin breakdown from his matted coat and that has healed as well with a second topical and oral antibiotic treatment about a month ago. It wasn't until his last grooming that I really noticed that his ear hair was not coming in like the rest of his coat but oddly around the edges it was growing. But I am able to easily pull this growth out in clumps. His ears are a little scaly but I would not say that is it is oily. He has hair at the top of his ears but toward the bottom half there just isn't any real hair growth almost like peach fuzz. I believe that I read somewhere that if they have the large patch of missing hair across the bridge of their nose that this is also a sign of a fungal infection but I have nothing else to go on but believe they are related to each other. The missing nose hair is now growing back very nicely but the ear hair is not.

I wasn't able to get him into the vet yesterday. My relatively new car was in the shop AGAIN without air conditioning. I am going there in a little while and hopefully get some answers.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!