View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 04:46 AM   #2
ReesiesDad
YT Addict

I'm the victim of 'Daddy, can I have a kitty? I'll take care of it.' and.. 'Daddy I'm getting a new Yorkie puppy. I'll take care of it.' Two different daughters, same story. So now they live together with Cindy the Border Collie, who acts as the policeman. Know what? They all get along fine. The cat showed the same behavior as yours, but within a few weeks they were all playing together. Ever see a cartoon where the cat's hair goes straight out when it's startled? That only happens when someone brings a strange pet over to visit.

Sometimes it's a real hoot because the cat will hide behind a chair or under a table ruffle and then suddenly rush out to jump the Yorkie. Other times it's the other way around and that's the fun. Reesie will hide and go into a crouch, waiting for the cat. But it's all just play.

The cat was declawed years ago to protect our furniture and us, so there's no way either one gets hurt. They just play together when they're bored with watching the birds at the feeder or the geese outside. Most times they just sit side by side looking out the window.

At night when I shut off the TV and head for the bedroom they all beat me to it and when we finally get there all three are curled up on the bed. That hasn't done a dang thing for our sex life.
ReesiesDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!