View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 01:59 AM   #14
tnurse
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
Yes, I suspect he died from hypoglycemia, not starvation. How old were the puppies when they went to their new homes? Yorkie puppies should stay with their mothers until they are 12 weeks old for many reasons, one being that the risk of hypoglycemia is high before 12 weeks.
He was 17 weeks old Saturday. He would have died from hypoglycemia and dehydration, but would any of you not done everything you could think of to get him to eat? When I got Riley, I mixed canned food with the dry to entice him to eat. Judy sent me another email that said the woman has since admyitted to leaving him in the garage Friday night in case he cried. Then Saturday, she went to a birthday party and left him in the car and then Saturday evening went out to dinner and left him alone. I have seen him a few times since I got Riley and I know that just seeing him doesn't mean anything, but he has always looked healthy and has always been playful. At 16 weeks Riley was 1.6 poundsa and he's always been just a little bigger.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!