View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
yorkiepaws
Owned by "Lil Rat"
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKiVo View Post
Please help me!!! The puppy is only 14 weeks old. We took him to the Vet. and we were told that the puppy is healthy. Well, 2 days later, the puppy started to sneeze out the clear jelly-like stuff, constantly. We took him to the hospital for treatment, and the doctor gave him antibiotic to take for 2 weeks. He is not getting better, just on/off mood. He refuses to eat most of the time, so we've been feeding him fried chicken or satay beef for a week now. Everytime he sneezed, he got scared and ran to a corner to hide. Can someone please tell me what my puppy is having and how I can help him feel better? Is he having a cold or allergies? What is the best way to get him to eat, again?

We had a 10yo yorkie that got killed two weeks ago by a utility truck. We're still coping with the lost of our first dog.
Sorry your baby is sick. Could be allergies or a viral thing. If he does not get better I would take him back to the vet. You might want to be careful with the fried chcken and beef satay though. It may be a little too greasy for a puppy. Too much fat can sometimes cause pancreatitis which is not good or diarrhea which can dehydrate them. Sometimes the vet can give you a prescription canned diet to temporarily get them to eat.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!