View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #13
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I got Sadie from a referral from the grooming shop. But I found Ben from an ad in the paper. The breeder I got Sadie from went with me because she knew I wanted to breed and she was helping me know what to look for. She was so impressed with the puppies, she bought a female and I got the male. It is not so much where they advertise as what else they are doing. I wanted home-raised only pups. There are even show breeders that have kennels where the dogs are kept in cages. I did not want that. I wanted puppies that were with people since they were born. I got it and what a wonderful pair!

Have to admit though -- I also went to two other places that advertised in the paper and did NOT buy a puppy. They were keeping their puppies in stacked cages all the time and you could tell they were not pets. One even had an old cement building with no A/C (we're in Florida!). As much as I hated to leave puppies there, I could not contribute to it either. There was also a different look to the puppies. I wanted a Yorkie that met standards and LOOKED like a Yorkie. They were all cute but the 2 breeders I used had puppies that were so much better looking than the others. I think you should make yourself go to a few different breeders before you buy. Ask questions, get permission to talk with their vet, look around, see the parents, be sure!

I am going to put an ad in the paper for some of my puppies from this litter. I just do not know enough people wanting yorkies to go word of mouth. This is only the second litter of puppies I have ever had (or I should say -- my dogs have ever had). The first litter went to all family and one friend. Gotta start somewhere. But I will screen. These precious babies won't go to just anyone!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!