View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 04:49 AM   #1
knlboss
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Frustrated at myself for Riley's behavior.

Riley is my 6 month old Yorkie who is slowly but surely pushing me over the edge. I have raised several kinds of dogs over the years but I have never had one like this Riley. He sends me mixed signals. I realize it's hard to potty train these dogs, but its the attitude I can't quite understand. He gets along well with my other 12 dogs. (outside dogs) I take him to a friends house for his playdates, he likes her maltese (Devon) who is about 1 1/2 years and is also a male. I allow him plenty of exercise time. He has every toy he could possibly have. He uses the paper to potty on still. I have repeadely taken him outside. He has stayed out for hours and then still come inside to poop. Yes, I have taken his poop outside, that doesn't work either. There is just something about going behind that big chair in my newly furnished living room that appeals to him. He eats every little crumb, piece of paper or anything else he can get in his mouth. He does not bite. He has cost me $1200.00 in eyeglasses. I know he should not be able to get to them. But we are talking about Riley here, he can figure a way to get most anything doggy possible. He also likes designer shoes, pocketbooks, magazines, you name it, if it's a designer label its HIS. I have literally broke down and cried about my helplessness in this situation. The biggest problem is trying to figure out his little mind.
If you have any suggestions as to how I may rehabilitate me or Riley, please have at it.
knlboss
knlboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!