View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Marilize
YT 500 Club Member

I found Cash in the newspaper. I must say: I hate his breeder now. He was covered in fleas, his parents weren't kept in the house, he is now way above standard weight (10lbs) - although I don't care about this. He was registered and not very expensive - he was actually very cheap for a yorkie. I haven't heard from the breeder in two years although I tried to keep contact during the first year.
The breeder was a BYB and was extremely rude when I asked questions. She couldn't answer any questions, not even potty training questions - maybe since her dogs are outside.
Cash was also impossible to potty train (took me 1.5 years and he still has accidents in the house) since he had no problem with living in his own filth.
The second time around, I got June from a hobby breeder who cares dearly for her dogs (even though the mother was one of her pups that was returned due to mental health issues with the former owner). The pups were raised inside and June is a little fireball. Very friendly and playful.
Oh, and Cash was dropped and bullied by his breeder's son and now he is very skittish of strangers. He has gotten a lot better with loads of training.

Sooooo, you can find a pup in the newspaper, but go and check it out before you decide to buy. Ask loads of questions and if they can't answer, walk away. I have spent thousands training Cash due to the issues that the breeder created. If you can, go to a reputable breeder who cares for their dogs.
It is a lot cheaper in the long run.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!