View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 04:36 AM   #1
Pat Barmore
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New Members, Pat and Mary Franklin

Hello, My wife and I are new to this forum, but we have 3 yorkies. There names are: Cash-the oldest-but smallest-maybe 5-6 pounds. He was the first one that we got and we named him cash since he cost so much, but he is my heart. He is about 6-7 years old and has mild seizures, but has responded very well to phenobarbital twice daily. He thinks that he is about 10 feet tall and bullet proof. Our second one is named Daisy. We got her since Cash was so lonely (my wife stated that Cash told her that he needed a friend). We got her fairly soon after we got Cash. They have breed a couple of times, but due to some of their genetic problems, we decided not to bread them anymore so we got them fixed. Daisy was born with one eye not having any tear ducts. She received surgery from a Vet (did not know that there was a vet opthamologist)(and yes it was expensive, but that is OK). The surgeron rerouted her salivary gland so it would run into her eye, and it worked, but the chemicals in the saliva was too irritating to her eye so she had the eye removed. Our last one is named Max, who is the puppy from Cash and Daisy. When he was born, he could not walk and the vet wanted to put him to sleep. One of our kids asked that they try something so she tied his hips together with tape over the weekend. The following Monday, when the tape was removed) he was running and has not stopped since and appears extremely healthy. That is a lot of our story, but our puppies mean everything to us. I almost killed Cash once by feeding him beef-pancreatitis so now, I slow cook white chicken breast and then grind it up for them twice daily. They, sometimes, eat better than us, which is fine. They, also, have some very good dogfood, which they tolerate very well. Their treats are Chicken Jerky 99% protein. That is part of our story. May all the mothers (from puppies to human) have a great Mother's Day. Thanks, Pat
Pat Barmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!