View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 04:10 AM   #12
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
You would be far better off paying for another Yorkie. By the time you would pay a stud fee and all of the check ups and tests for your girl, and then all of the well puppy visits, shots, and worming, registration for the litter, it is going to cost a lot more than one puppy and probably more than 2!

Now what if your girl requires a C-section -- big money! Yorkies usually have small litters, what if she only has one puppy? What if there are none born alive? Now the final considerations is one that I am all too painfully aware of -- what if you lose your precious girl because of having the puppies?

If the only reason for breeding is to have a puppy for family -- BUY one from an established breeder and spay your girl -- you might be saving her life.

You have pointed out many good reasonable points; makes perfect sense, and I couldn't agree more.
To the OP; if $$$ in buying a pup is an issue, listen to FlDebra. Breeding your girl will end up costing just as much or more by the time your done raising the litter.
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!