View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 07:30 AM   #1
judyb
Yorkie Yakker

Default I nearly had a heart attack this morn...

My Lexi was asking to go out this morning early and I let her out in the front as usual. We live on an acreage. I could hear my other two dogs barking in the back yard but they do that when the neighbor is outside so I did not think anything of it at first. But then I heard the leaves rustling around the side of the house so I decided I better get Lexi but it was too late. A large German Shepard came around the corner. I immediately called Lexi to come (Hysterically) and did she come? NO! She went straight for the other dog! I screamed Lexi, Come, Come, Lexi, Come! She wanted to play so she ignored me. I was thinking , "This is the end, I am going to witness this tragic ending." But the other dog sensed my panic and decided I was crazy and ran off. I was so mad at Lexi for not coming to me. I have just gotten back from Walmart with a long leash. She won't be going outside without it any longer. I am pretty sure the other dog never saw Lexi as she blends in with the leaves. Thank God for small miracles.
judyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!