View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 05:49 AM   #1
Cookie2
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Second Bile Acid Test today for Cookie

My vet , who is a wonderful & very caring woman by the way. Requested a second Bile Acid test for Cookie . She knows something is wrong but is trying to pinpoint the problem. His first results were really weird. His fasting results were actually much too high and after being fed his results were normal. This led her to think that the lab tested the blood samples in reverse. She called me yesterday and told me to bring him in this morning and there would be no charge to me. This was $85 lab test. I was so relieved because I would have probably had to wait for another week to pay it.
He's at the vet right now. The girls there take good care of him. He was so nervous and shaking sitting on the girl's lap while I slipped out of the clinic door.
I should be getting his results by Thursday/Friday. If the Acid results are still over 100 then I will have to take him in for surgery to search for a Liver Shunt . If they do find one ,they will repair then. IF they don't find one then they will get a liver biopsy so they can verify if he has Microvascular Dysplasia . I rather it be Dysplasia because they will put him on a special diet for the rest of his life. He has not had any seizures ever . Which is a good sign my vet said. The only thing that I think about now is that he's always been very laid back,quiet.He naps a lot during the day. He's been like that since I first got him as a baby.He's very playful and demands to play fetch at least 2 times a day. He brings me his little fleece soccer ball and taps me on the foot with it and lets me know it's playtime.

I will post an update as soon as I get his second results.
Genie
Cookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!