View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
valigene
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Is my Yorkie Ill?

Hi,
I have just found your site and am desparate. I have two yorkies Harry is 2 George is 1.
Harry started to become aggressive at times about 6 months ago. It was occasional. We tried ignoring it and walking away but it has got worse. This week he has become unbearable he is snarling and really nasty. I cannot groom him, or get close to him. I am on warfarin so have to be careful of bites. he has never bitten us yet but he is like a savage wolf with really angry eyes when upset. We tried behaviour therapy but hes gone past clicking things etc.The tablets she gave have not helped. I spoke with vet who is seeing him on thursday and is going to castrate him, not what I wanted but so desparate I don't know what else to do. Being a retired nurse I have been looking at illnessses and have found some conditions can cause aggression and as things have slowly got worse and worse I am beginning to wonder if it could be a medical condition. He spends a lot of time in his basket sleeping but when out walking he runs about and appears fine but he has become very anti social and does not sit with us like he used to spending more time in the kitchen where his basket is.
I would be interested in opinions
Val
valigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!