View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #8
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Welcome to YT. I am so sorry about your baby. I live in NJ as well. We lost our Yorkie to cancer. He will be gone two years this August. He was ten years old. He had it on his foot pad (if you can believe that) and the tumor was removed but without good margins due to his foot being so small. We were told it would come back within a year and within two months it came back aggressively. Chemo was not an option due to the area and the size of his foot. We opted to have his leg amputated in hopes of saving him but went through preliminary testing first to be sure it had not spread. He got through all the testing up until the catscan in which it showed a mass on his liver. He was suffering so with his foot and at that point to put him through amputation would have been pointless so we opted to let him leave us peacefully and without pain. It was the hardest think I will ever have to do but looking back I know we made the right decision. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him but I know he's in a better place. You have to follow yoru heart and what you think is in HIS best interest. Sometimes that's hard to do because we love them so much. I pray God gives you the strength and the answers you need. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!