View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
fretful1953
Yorkie Talker

Angel re:spider bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
Just a shot in the dark but was your little one bit by a spider or anything or near any toxics? About four years or so ago my Bella went out to pee and within minutes we found her lying still and not moving. I ran and picked her up and she stood for a minute then pooped and fell over. We immediatly rushed her to the emergency vet who proceeded to run blood work and tell us that Bella's Liver Enzymes were sky high. Bella was about a year or so then and she suspected Liver Shunt which she said usually shows within the first year of life. We were devestated and the very next day had her at our regular vet who kept her for the day. His suspicion was a spider bite. A Brown Recluse to be exact. I hope your little guys is alright. I know how hard it is to wait and not know. We lost our 10 yr. old to cancer two years this August and I remember waiting for results of each test taken and it was agonizing. Good Luck. Elaine

Thanks for the info. From everything you've described, I'm sure he has not suffered from a spider bite, and I sure am thankful. You said you lost your 10yr old to cancer. Not to bring up bad memories or anything..but was he/she a yorkie? And what type cancer? Waiting is the worst thing ever.

People say that dogs don't go to heaven ( touchy subject I'm sure ), but I sure pray for my little guys. And, personally, I don't believe they will be left here without me. Just my opinion and off topic I know.

Thanks to all

Patricia
fretful1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!