View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
rayray08
YT Addict

Default I need opinions, thoughts, guidance... anything.

Mahina started limping on her front right leg I'd say about three - four weeks ago. At first it was very subtle and ONLY after she had woken up or had been laying down for a period of time.

Her limping has gotten worse... but again it's not ALL the time but more noticeable and more often than before. Usually only after she's been laying down or resting after playing. And if she's sitting, sometimes she won't put her full weight on it or she'll lift it up completely.

I took her to the vet a week ago, of course she wasn't limping or anything at the vet. Unfortunately, it wasn't her regular vet, and I'm not very fond of the one who did see her.

He felt her legs, she does have loose knees in the back and has had them since I brought her home. She's on Cosequin now to try and help the whole thing.
He didn't feel anything in her front legs, she didn't pull back, react in any way. Checked her paws for any signs of infection, stones, anything that would bother her. He didn't find anything and told me it could be from her jumping on and off the couch, which I'm trying to limit. (she does have a ramp for my bed though). He said maybe she sprained something or pulled or strained a muscle. I'm thinking she hurt herself jumping over the baby-gate which I did tell him about.

So, he prescribed Rymidal 25 mg. I give half once a day. Although I'm doing 1/4 every 12 hours cuz it seemed to strong for her, she was having diarrhea.

I don't know if the medicine is doing much, she's still limping, even an hour after I've given her medicine to her. He said to bring her back if it still continues for xrays.

Does anyone have any insight as to what this may be? Any thoughts as what to do next? I do plan to get xrays done after I've finished her medicine.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!