View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #14
fretful1953
Yorkie Talker

Smile Sam-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Cee View Post
What is the SAM-E supposed to do - I thought it was to help get the liver numbers down. He did have a bile acid test and it was high. Also, my vet wanted him on low protein food. He loves his Royal Canine Yorkie food but it is high in protein, so she said to switch to Science Diet for the mature dog, small bites, which has a lot less protein. He's only just two and the food is for 7 yrs + but it is just for the protein thing. Also, how does that pill popper work? I am crushing the Sam-E and putting it in liquid in a medicine syringe. Thanks for any advice!
The Sam-e helps to detoxify the liver. I had a hard time getting Freddie to take it and the "hand in mouth" technique was not a option. PetSmart had the pill gun for 7.99. It's a big syringe and the end is flexible to hold the pill in case it is too large for the syringe. Works like a charm.

Only problem is my Freddie is too smart for his own good. He's used to taking by syringe,(pepto, benadryl) when he feels bad. But he definitely knows he doesn't want it when he's not feeling bad so he puts up a fuss with this Sam-E, but .....da - dah.....alpha female wins again!!! lol

Thanks to all. This site is has been great for me.

Patricia
fretful1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!