View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #5
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Hmm, that is an interesting question. My Yorkies are rescues but if I were looking to buy it would not be so much the price as it would be 1. Where my pup came from. Did he or she come from a clean, reputable breeder that truly cared for both the pups and the parents. That is the #1 most important factor to me and then 2. Is he or she what I'm looking for another words did I fall in love right away or was I not so sure that was the one. Your heart will know when you've found the perfect match. Lilly was 13weeks when I adopted her through rescue. She was everything some breeders may have charged $2,000 for. She was tiny with the little tiny features etc. and her adult weight is 3 lbs. yet I only paid $400 for her and that was with all her shots and her spay. I think you should keep your options open with regard to price. Don't rule out a cheaper priced Yorkie because you think that the higher price Yorkie will be more what you're looking for. I've seen some higher priced Yorkies that to me were no different then what lower priced breeders were charging. You should also keep your eye on Petfinder you'd be surprised at how many full bred Yorkie pups that are sometimes in rescue and looking for homes. Most were rescued from bad breeders or puppymills. Most importantly though is to stay clear of petstores as their pups come from puppymills and they pay little but sell high and most are sick also avoid breeders that breed many different breeds as that's a red flag. Hope you find your baby.

Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!