View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretful1953 View Post
Thanks so much for your responses. Some additional info about our Freddie......his previous vet retired this year and recommended the vet we are now using ( first visit last month). Freddie has been on DermCaps ( fish oil) for about 2 months now. Our new vet started him on Cosequin capsules last month for joints. His liver enzymes were at 223 if I remember this right.

Vet was okay with homemade food, however I agree he needs more nutrients than what I'm making. I'm researching pet nutritionist for further info on his diet. The vet did tell us she could order a special canned food for him but still wanted to see if the Sam-E was going to work. I not real sure on anymore canned food with so many recalls.

His BUN and creatinine was normal, protein was high, glucose, cbc, rbc was all withing normal range. Alt and alkaline was elevated. I can't really remember the results from all she did, she only seemed to be concerned with the ALT.

Will keep everyone informed.

Thanks again for the quick responses. Please keep sending me any info that will help.

I have a Pet Nutritionist from Cornell University. I contact him thru emails explaining my dogs issues and needs. We work together on the ingredients and he creates and balances a diet. One diet cost $140 ~ but you know it is complete and balanced. Do you want his info?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!