View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Hi! Wow 6! OK...

First, are you taking them out or letting them out? My two are 3&4 and house trained but I still go outside with them and make sure they go before they come back in. Otherwise they play in the grass and forget to go and are asking to go out again 5 minutes later In your case it would prevent accidents. I would take them out every hour, make SURE they go (it should not take 15 minutes! 5max, mine are outside about 2 minutes unless they need to poop and are trying to find a spot)

As far as damage and mischief, you need to contain them unless they can behave. You could also walk them a few times a day (I know, it's hard with 6) so they are more tired and sleep rather than chew things. It sounds like you have a fenced yard to go outside with them and throw a ball and just let them get the crazies out

Then you need to work with them individually. Some will be easier to train than others, but I find even having one out of two trained (Loki) is OK because Sammy just does what Loki does. She seems to have better things to do than learn commands so she just follows her brother - if I tell him to stay on the rug she will go copy him to make sure she gets a treat. Maybe train the leader?? Training is great. I just set my cereal bowl on the floor to sit here and answer your post and Loki came over sniffed it, I said "leave it" and he layed down near it and stared at it but he did NOT touch I love "leave it" He just wandered away because he knew he wasn't getting any! LOL Maybe take the leader to a training class? Real training takes time, working every day with commands and reinforcement. Instant training is either a scam or they are going to use devices like choke or shock collars.

Does that helps at all? I hope so. Good luck.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!