View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
fretful1953
Yorkie Talker

Cry Elevated liver enzymes

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have been reading wonderful stories/posts from other yorkie lovers. My Freddie is 8 1/2 years old and has always been in great health (or so I thought). We had his blood work done prior to a dental cleaning and it came back with elevated liver enzymes, so, needless to say, he couldn't be sedated. His vet put him on Sam-E for a month to see if this would lower his ALT. He has never shown any symptoms of a liver shunt (which the vet said by now I would have noticed) no meds that would have caused the elevation. She said something about Cushing's disease. I've googled as much as I can about this. Anyone with any advice/knowledge about the liver disease in yorkies? We have changed his food from Little Ceaser to homemade. I've read a lot of great recipes but I'm wondering if I should add or subtract any ingredients to his diet that won't affect his liver. Currently we boil chicken, add no-yolk noodles and some white rice. The vet was okay with this, but I'm wondering about some variety and is baby food okay.

I'm at my wits end. We love him sooooo much ( as does anyone that owns a yorkie or any pet). This news obviously explains my screen name,

Thanks for any/all advise anyone can give me.
fretful1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!