View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 07:53 AM   #1
trinity5098
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Need all kinds of help (training tips)

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have 6 dogs, yes 6 and they're getting out of control. My oldest is 14 and she is fine, really doesn't give me any problem. But the other 5 are driving me bonkers. Two of them are 3 years old and the 3 puppies are turning one in June.

I thought I had a handle on the potty training but all of a sudden in the last couple weeks they have gone back to peeing and pooping in the house. And its not from lack of taking them out. They go out for 15, 20 minutes every 2-3 hours, I bring them in thinking that should have been enough time and within 5 minutes I have a whole mess waiting for me in the hallway and kitchen (at least they're kind enough to not mess on the carpets). They bark at the slightest sound; when people walk in, noises outside, people walking on the street. Well, thats not fair...two of them bark and then the others join in. When I have the "quiet" ones outside alone they are fine. It seems the leader of each age pack influences the others. Its just gotten to the point where I feel like the dogs are running the house and not us. I leave them in areas where I feel they can't get into too much trouble but there are times I have to leave for maybe 20-30 minutes so I leave with access to other areas and I find something destroyed. If I have to leave them in the kitchen and hallway when I am not home that is fine but they can sometimes be destructive when I am there too.

It seems their behavior comes and goes in spurts. They're all good for 1 week and then its 2 bad weeks. People come over and they have to stay in the room because it is constant barking at people who do not live in the house. PLEASE HELP!! I'm one of those people who loves their dogs way too much and this is what happens but I need to put an end to it. My sister even saw some commercial that trains dogs ASAP, that is how desperate I am but I don't know if I buy into it.
trinity5098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!