View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
Gypsy & Me
lovin my girls
Donating Member

Default Yodi's Adventure Discussion Thread - YorkieTalk's Traveling Yorkie

Yodi is going on a trip to meet as many YTers as possible. So far there are 30+ members who Yodi will be visiting, which will be about 8 months of traveling across the USA, Canada and the UK!! I know Yodi is going to have a lot of fun on her adventure and so are the YTers she visits.

You can follow Yodi on her Twitter and on her live Google Map! Members are free to post and comment on either Yodi's Twitter or on her Google Map. In fact, she likes comments! Hehehe. You can also follow Yodi right here on YorkieTalk of course. This thread is for anything Yodi, (Yodi chat, Yodi visits, Yodi photos, Yodi questions and maybe the odd hint of her next destination). Yodi also has another thread where the posts and photos from her visits will be put together collectively to tell her story. This is so that members can find the photos easily and to prevent this thread getting confusing and members missing out on seeing photos. The photo thread can be found here.

Yodi will be traveling hopefully for a long time. Members can invite Yodi into their homes by PMing me. A new place for Yodi to visit will be chosen at random after each member Yodi visits. Even when Yodi is traveling, feel free to PM me and I can add you to the list of places for Yodi to visit. Please note, this is only open to full YorkieTalk Donating Members, (a member who has donated a minimum of $25).

I have run this through Admin to make sure it's okay for us to do this and they said that it was fine, so thank you to Admin, and also thank you for being more than helpful with this.

~~~

Yodi's adventure starts right here in Nottinghamshire, England. We took a trip at the weekend to visit the castle, walk round the museum and the Robin Hood statue.

Yodi's Adventure Discussion Thread - YorkieTalk's Traveling Yorkie-castle.jpg

Nottingham Castle - taken from the castle grounds, Amelia had Yodi at this point and when I tried to take her she cried... so to save embrassment of a screaming child I let her keep hold of her.

Yodi's Adventure Discussion Thread - YorkieTalk's Traveling Yorkie-castle-view-1.jpg Yodi's Adventure Discussion Thread - YorkieTalk's Traveling Yorkie-castle-view-2.jpg Yodi's Adventure Discussion Thread - YorkieTalk's Traveling Yorkie-castle-view-3.jpg

Views from the Castle - in the first photo you can see the first industrial part of Nottingham including the British Waterworks building which was built in 1696! Some of the surrounding buildings aren't as old as you can see from the picure. The second photo shows the windmill in the distance, (sort of central in the photo) and also part of one of the many churches. The area in the forground is the main ring road around the city centre and the building nearest is a carpark. At the foot of this is a canal which would of been the original moat for the castle. I would of leaned over and taken a photo of the canal and the grounds below... but I'm scared of heights and that was just about as much as I could handle! The third photo is a more modern development. The white tent like building is the Inland Revenue building. The buildings around it are offices. The funny round white things actually rise at a certain temperature to allow air into the buildings when they get hot. In the far distance you can see Beacon Hill which is the square looking area of trees and the hill next to that is a nature reserve. Both of those areas are part of what would of been Sherwood Forest before developement took over. There is very little of Sherwood Forest left near the city now but thankfully lots around the area I live.

Last edited by admin; 05-18-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Gypsy & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!