View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Need help finding breeding book.

Not Yorkie related....

We have an Australian Shepherd that apparently comes from amazing lines and while we were on the fence about breeding her at first, we have been in contact with the owner of a stud in Kansas (we are in Texas). There are quite a few people in the Aussie working dog competition world who have been wanting to see the lines of our Stormie and this stud crossed. My husband met the stud's owner at a competition in Dallas this weekend and everyone hit it off well and we will be meeting up with them when Stormie goes into heat (very soon). She's had all the testing done (eyes, hips, knees, etc.) and passed all with flying colors. She is also the MOST maternal dog I have ever met. I can't wait for this to happen. I have some basic knowledge of breeding and have read a whole lot on this site but since mostly what ya'll talk about is related to Yorkie breeding, I'm hoping to read up a little more. I have looked at Debbie Jensen's site and I think it's awesome. My first question is.... does she have an actual book in print for sale at the bookstore? And if not, what book would you recommend next as an overall great source of info? And if by chance someone here has an Aussie that they've bred before, I'd love to chat with you.

Thanks so much for your time!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!