View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
cinnamonmon
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Just wanted to tell you...dont doubt yourself when it comes to your babies health

I posted yesterday on the sick board about my dog having pancreatitis and my concerns. She seems better today so hopefully we are over the worst.

My point though is after 24 hrs of her vomiting (not constantly, but several times), I knew something was wrong. M grown kids and husband thought I was silly to even take her to the vet. They kept saying she seems fine, which she did, except for the vomiting...no diarrhea, had an appetite, playful, but couldnt keep food down. I even doubted myself. Money is very short right now and I do tend to be very anxous with her health so I wasnt sure that she wouldnt just get better. I did take her to the vet yesterday and am so glad I did. They thought she had a case of pancreatitis, though they didnt do any blood work to confirm it. they gave her fluids...as she was dehydrated and meds to stop the vomiting. She seemed better right after but as the day progressed she got worse again. I ended up taking her to the er vet last night again despite my families protest.

She is better today and I hope she continues. I am glad I trusted my instincts and wont doubt myself again. There may be times that I take her in when I could have waited but she is too precious to take a chance. I just want to urge others to trust themselves too.
cinnamonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!