Thread: 2nd heat
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanyag812 View Post
I was told that & pound was a standard size yorkie So my male is within the standards then again looking at his last vet visit which was last month he weighed 6 pounds not seven so sorry about the mistake. My female weighs 10 pounds even. So are you saying because of her weight she should not be bred?
If you want to improve the yorkie breed everyone needs to know the standard inside out, pedigrees, health issues within the lines of those you choose to breed, health testing for liver shunt, LP ect....and if your yorkie bitch is 10 pounds she is out of the yorkie standard so for that reason alone I would spay and love her as a wonderful pet. As far as the male goes same applies to what I said above. Studding out requires alot of things as well. It's not cheap to do all the required health testing that goes along with breeding and then you have to worry about marking and is he up to the yorkie standard....good ear set, good top line, good bite, nice silky dark steel blue coat, no liver shunt issues, no LP ect.... the list goes on...does he represent the yorkie standard as best he can? Do you have a mentor that can help you and be on call 24/7? Lots of preparation goes into breeding. Has he been evaluated by show exhibitors/breeders/judges?

Again, JMHO

Donna Bird
Brooklynn's Yorkshire Terriers
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!