View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
steph77
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrosegirl View Post
i would definitely have her checked out

i had the same thing happen to miss buffey after she was spayed except she was eating and playing fine but vomited for almost 36 hours i finally took her to the emergency vet where they ran every test known to man. they finally concluded she had a bad reaction to the pain meds and gave me other meds to give her for about 5 days. she also had to be on a bland diet during this time.

they said if i had not brought her in she really could have gone downhill quickly. not to scare you, but i imagine you love your baby as much as i love miss b and i would have died if anything worse had happened to her
The thing is, she wasn't put on any pain meds once we came home. They gave her something right after surgery, but didn't send anything home with her. The vet said that they don't like giving anything unless they have to, because they want the dog to take it easy, and if they aren't feeling anything at all from the surgery they're more likely to do too much, like playing and such, and risk tearing sutures. I don't thinks she's in any pain, she's playing with the kids and other dogs, and doesn't act like she's hurting. I can't tell when she's going to be sick, either. Sometimes it's right after she eats, sometimes after a nap, sometimes after playing. There's no consistency in what may trigger it.
steph77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!