Thread: allergy shots
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley V View Post
Wow that's a long time to be on them! They told me that treatments usually last 3-5 years, which sounds like an eternity because I HATE needles. Did they hurt at all?

lol I had to laugh when you said roll around in cedar dust... I had a mental image in my head hahaha

That's really good that you don't have many symptoms any more - the doctor told me that they probably won't get rid of all of my allergies, but it will at least make them less severe and easier to handle later in life. My cousin had allergy shots as a child and now doesn't have any allergies at all.
Yes, it was a long time..... but to be honest, until I stopped getting them, we really didn't know if I *really* still needed them, ya know? And also, the last few years, I only got a shot every other week - or maybe it was once a week, I really can't remember. It's been a while.

But no, I can honestly say that they really didn't hurt..... won't lie and say they *never* did because until you get up to the "maintenance vial", the serum is pretty thin and if you have a good nurse giving the shot, it's pretty painless. Once you get to the maintenance level, the serum is quite a bit thicker but by then, you really do get used to it and again, if you have a good nurse, she knows how to lessen the pain.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!