Thread: allergy shots
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatumsMom View Post
I got allergy shots from the time I was 14 until I was 23. They helped me a lot! Because of my dr's hours and where his office was though, after having my first child I just couldn't get her picked up from day care on time and also get my shots so I stopped going. Either the shots helped me get over the severest of the allergies or I outgrew them because now I only have to take Aleve-D occasionally when I get a sinus headache. Even the cedar trees and cats that I was seriously, seriously allergic to don't bother me - that is, or course, unless I roll around in cedar dust or get cat hair near my eyes. I can actually pet a cat now and as long as I wash my hands afterwards, I'm okay. Before I couldn't even be in a house that had a cat in it.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Wow that's a long time to be on them! They told me that treatments usually last 3-5 years, which sounds like an eternity because I HATE needles. Did they hurt at all?

lol I had to laugh when you said roll around in cedar dust... I had a mental image in my head hahaha

That's really good that you don't have many symptoms any more - the doctor told me that they probably won't get rid of all of my allergies, but it will at least make them less severe and easier to handle later in life. My cousin had allergy shots as a child and now doesn't have any allergies at all.

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!