View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 06:53 AM   #6
aquinn
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Love

I do the same thing. I get Tucker out of the kitchen and get out my little asian soy sauce bowls and put each different kibble in it's own bowl. then I call him in and see which one he goes for.

This has never upset his tummy because there is only a few pieces of each and it's just like them getting a treat or cookie.

I find this is a good way to identify what they like. Then you have to make sure you mix the new food gradually so as not to cause an upset tummy.

Also, I wouldn't recommend Eukanuba. Here's a good basic checklist of things to look for. Don't get a food that has any of these: corn, by-products, soy, artificial colors or flavors. I don't recommend any of the foods at Petsmart, but Petco has started to carry some better quality foods. Wellness, Solid Gold, Natures Variety, all really good foods. Then it just comes down to the best formula for your individual yorkie.

Hope that helps!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I kinda just put a few kibbles in a tiny bowl and placed them in front of Jackson. I sort of let him choose! lol.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!