View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 06:12 AM   #8
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypreciouspups View Post
This person is using a sick dog to get donations for other dogs.. oh my.. hope I did not take this the wrong way...

anne
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganS View Post
Nonono, I don't think that's what Deb meant. I think what she meant is that "Chopstix" is a general name for any sick dogs they get in their care.

For example, my family donates to the North Shore Animal League. They have one dog name - Harry - and Harry stands for all the needy dogs they have in their shelter. There is no actual Harry.

I don't know the story behind this, so maybe that's not what's going on here. but I'm pretty sure that's what Deb meant.

No that's not what I meant, Megan. If you read the first story in there...they used donations for other animals in their care. This dog has been adopted by someone. Unfortunately the new owner apparently can't afford his veterinary expenses either....or they were so successful raising money with his story the last time...they've chosen this route again.

I think it's fine if someone wants to donate but I'm not sure I agree with this particular rescue's method.
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!