View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

The doctor said it was a very small stroke. She had her MRI this afternoon and everything looks okay. There is no damage really done, and she should get back to almost normal, if not completely normal. She was doing 95% better today! She wasn't pale, she could stand and walk on her own, and her double vision almost completely cleared up. Her eyes yesterday were very jerky and today she can move them smoothly from side to side. She still has trouble looking to the right, and the doctor said that will probably continue. She is very very lucky, and I am very very lucky to still have my mom around. Tonight we had more hugs and our first ever "I love you"s
They are keeping her for the weekend so they can run more tests on Monday. She has high blood pressure, high cholesterol (for a person who has had a stroke), and the doctor wants her to make some lifestyle changes. They are going to try to figure out what caused the stroke. She is now taking three pills a day: aspirin, a blood pressure medication, and a cholesterol medication. The good news... she has been smoking since she was 14 years old, and she usually smokes 10-12 cigarettes a day. She has gone 2 full days now not even CRAVING one. And I really hope this is enough of a scare to make her really want to quit.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!