Thread: Runny Stool
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
LorraineW22
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

It sounds like what Brady had about a month ago. He had a couple of "accidents" in his crate and he's never done that before. He wouldn't eat even though I tried chicken, rice, etc. I sent an email to his breeder and she asked if his stool looked frothy (gas bubbles) or have a little mucous at the trailing end? He had the mucous and the dr. had prescribed "Metronidazole". The breeder agreed with giving him that and over night he was almost as good as new. I gave him the medication for about a week. The lab tests on his stool were negative but the breeder said it was probably Spirochetes which is an overgrowth of bacteria and is common in Florida where I live but she said they can get it from "bones" from pet shops. I had started giving him Bully sticks (Merrick) about a week before and she said it could have been those because they weren't wrapped in plastic. She said they lie around in warehouses where rats and roaches etc. walk all over them and who knows what else. Yuk!! She told me to keep the medication on hand all the time. I think my breeder knows more than the vets. She has been breeding Yorkies for about 40 years and she has been so helpful to me. She doesn't live in FL but I email her. Hope your baby get better soon.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!