View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 02:44 AM   #3
Akbritt
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Dont freak out..please...it could be something totally different!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz06 View Post
She said she woke up this morning and the alarm clock was blurry, she was seeing double. She got up and almost fell over. She was so dizzy she had to hold onto the walls.
They are thinking possibly something with her eye muscles because she can't focus, one eye seems to be going off to the side sometimes. It also won't open as wide. If she covers one eye she's not so dizzy.
Something strange like this happened to my step mother, about 2 weeks ago, she said she woke up....that one of her eyes was blurry, she couldnt stand on her on, but she had pain in one of her legs down the side with the same blurry eye.

My father took her to the ER. 2 of the doctors in the ER agreed that she probably had, had at least 4 mini strokes in her life...which was new information to us. She had an MRI done while she was in the hospital, the machine was having some problems so they only scanned one side of her brain...she said they took it into the hall way and started beating on it...but they never finished the scan. The report came back normal...and that was where they left it...they never did another one( she doesnt have health insurance). So they told her that her MRI came back normal...she got pissed off and signed herself out of the hospital and hasnt went back since. I looked at her face a couple of days ago...the eye she was having blurring vision in, is kinda scwinty (who knows if i spelled that right) and she has broken blood vessels all over her check and on her leg...where she was having pain. She has problems remembering things..and gets easily disoriented. I'm pretty sure she had a stroke, thats what i think, but im not a doctor, nor do i play one on TV.

I hope your mom will be ok! And i totally feel ya, on the "last one to know", my father finally called me on day 2 of this ordeal.
Akbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!