View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #12
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Thanks for you input. I will be sure to dilute the canned goats milk if I use it. I would love to have some fresh goat's milk. Do you buy it fresh or do you have your own milk goats?

I only use the finely ground food when I first start weaning at around 4 weeks. By the time they are 6 weeks old I do not grind it as fine and in some cases by then I don't grind it at all. I always leave down the dry food but once the pups are around 5 or 6 weeks old, twice a day I put down a little dry mixed with the canned Pedigree Lamb and Rice puppy food.

I had read before what you said about the Just Born puppy formula. I wonder if the Esbilac would cause a problem also? Luckily over the years I have had to do very little supplementing of puppies.
I'm laughing here....No, I don't have my own goat....I live in California now, not in Texas, not making fun that's where I came from.

I'm not sure about the Esbilac. With my last litter, my mom went down when puppies were a week old. She went on heavy antibiotics and doc said to bottle feed, I told him I started doing the Just Born and that's when he told me to put them on Goat's Milk since it is the closest thing to mom's milk. I was doing the Just Born because of the colestrum.

The other reason I quit grinding is, that I'd catch those lil buggers with their heads in their mother's dish....chomping on her food with no problem.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!