View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
I start offering Gerber's rice cereal at about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks mixed with a bit of goats milk, enough to make it soupy, offering it 3 times a day. With a litter the size of yours, it's probably a good idea for your mom too. You can also offer a dish of Plain ole canned Goats Milk. Remember everything should be served at room temperature. They are draining so much calicium from her. As they get older and get their teeth I begin adding kibbles and making the gruel less liquidy...By the time my pups are weaned anywhere between 8 and 10 weeks, they're on puppy kibbles mixed with a bit of wet food, sometimes adding grated cheese, cottage cheese, boiled skinless boneless chicken breast shreds. Sometimes, when I have a pup that is not taking to their food readily, I'll add Parmasean Cheese, don't ask me whey they love the stinky stuff.
Do you feed puppies the canned goat's milk as it is in the can or do you dilute it with water? I have read where some people say to dilute it so I don't know which way is correct. The Parmasean cheese sounds like a good idea. What brand kibble do you feed?
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!