View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldo View Post
No I didn't hold the female. She was actually only on day 6 and day 7 (today) of her heat cycle so I didn't think she would stand for him. Both times it happended was when I was sitting and eating (once supper/other time breakfast) and they did their thing under the table w/o me knowing. It wasn't until I saw my male sheepishly walking away, and I examined him that I realized what happened. So you are suggesting then that I hold them together for several minutes after he is done -- you mentioned that this is commom for inexperienced males -- does that mean that me may start to tie after he matures more???
No tie can result in puppies. The reason he slipped out is your female didn't contract her muscles to keeping him in place. She is the deciding factor in how long a tie will be. Usually, my husband I assist in the breeding, he assists the male, and I the female, keeping her in place cooing softly to her, once they are butt to butt, the'll be picked up in my arms and turned over on their back and held in that position until he slips out.

Usually day 10 and 12 are when they are more fertile.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!