View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
Rosiegirl
YT Addict

Question Questions on nursing and food for pups....

Hi Everyone. I have a question about my mom and her 3 1/2 week old pups. I am pretty sure all of this is normal but I just want to ask so I know for certain. She is spending more time away from her pups, she does not avoid them or anything, but I just want to make sure all of this is normal. When she feeds them should it only take 3 or 4 minutes ? I am sure their teeth are probably coming in and it might hurt her a bit. I just sat with them all and they ate for 3 or 4 minutes, a few pulled off and looked happy, but a few weeks ago they stayed latched on longer. They also aren't crying or anything, they are starting to wander out of the bed area a little, that is truly adorable, they walk and sometimes roll around when they lose their balance, it is too cute! ( I am not wondering about them moving around, just the feeding part) Thanks for any advise comments.

P.S. When do some of you like to introduce mushy food? Water? (There are 5 pups, so that is a pretty big litter, should I introduce the food sooner because there are 5 pups?) I have read to start w/ mushy food 1X a day at 3 weeks but that seemed too soon to me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!