View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #9
annamalyssa
BANNED!

Sometimes it does seem more serious than it is... and it is very scary for those of us that are NOT vets.

He just had his morning bowel movement so I am pretty sure there's no blockage.. and there's always the possibility he got a nail caught on something while getting up or anything that could have caused him to yelp. However, it was out of the ordinary for him as he has NEVER done that before.

Hmmmmmm maybe wait and see if he eats properly etc? He wants to play still, so he's not acting different. I have never had a Yorkie besides Gucci do they get a tummy upset this easily and can it last this long from eating rubbish? Something tells me YES but I am asking just to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkichonBella View Post
I had something similar happen to my grandog while babysitting. It is scary. When the Vet returned my call, of course as an anxious worried Mom, I tell him all the details of what happened & then paused.......there was silence. I can't even remember what I said, but the Vet was like 'what are you wanting to know?' I said, I don't know what to do! Should I bring him in?? He said that he didn't think it sounded serious........to watch him closely & to give him a call if anything else happened. He did discuss that it could be 'change in his diet', & then mentioned seizures. I was so worried, but everything I was reading didn't sound like that. Of course, Gucci isn't acting the same way & don't want to worry you about that. He was fine shortly after.....playing, eating, & everything normally.

Hoping the best for Gucci the Smoocharooni!!
annamalyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!