View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I don't know if I should be too worried. I use to work for a pediatrician, my roommate still does, and they have been having so many calls and people come in about this flu. The doctor assured her and all his patients that it is only a different strain of the flu, but it's still the flu. As long as you wash your hands and take care like any other flu outbreak then you should be fine.
As far as Mexico... The one place I think keeps getting mentioned on the news is Mexico City, and as I remember it, these are the odds...
1400 cases are known of people who got sick, in a city of 80000000 people. So, 0.00175% of the population in Mexico city have gotten sick by that strain. It sounds a lot more scary if the news just keeps saying "1400 documented cases." People have gotten sick, and even died by other strains of the flu, of which according to my bio classes are many!!! There are more strains of the flu than there are vaccines for them. I'm not saying people shouldn't be careful, I'm just questioning how much it's blown out of proportion by fear brought on by the news. It is smart to be cautious and to stay away from sick people, or if you're sick stay at home instead of bringing the illness to the office. Wash your hands and take any other precautions that you would take during any other flu season.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!