View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 06:53 PM   #10
YorkieShadow
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jenn
Thank you all for being so helpful with answering my questions! I have a few more ...

First of all, I've gotten in contact with a woman who is looking for someone to take care of her 2 year old Yorkie for 3 months ... this was the description of the position:

"I am looking for a foster home for three months for my 2 year old healthy, potty trained yorkshire terrier. My fiance and I have taken a job that would not allow us to take care of him. Our hearts are broken, and we are very desperate.We want him to go to a loving home- no backyard needed, just TLC and three walks per day. We can supply food, treats, toys, and pay for the cost of grooming and veterinary visits(he is up to date)."

I would love to do this for the experience and for a companion. Plus, it will hold me over from buying my own little Yorkie ... and allow me to find the perfect pup.

I am supposed to call this woman back. Do you have any suggestions for when I call? Things to ask? Things to be be concerned about?

Another concern I have is the temperature of my apartment. It is kind of hot in my apartment, so I was thinking of keeping the pup in the bathroom while I am in school during the day ... is that cruel??? There is a lot of room in the bathroom to run around (probably more than my bedroom actually, I will have to rearrange things) and it is much cooler than my bedroom. I will be home after a few hours and can walk with him and turn on the fan in my bedroom when I am home. If this is a horrible idea, I guess I will have to keep him at my boyfriend's while I am school (3 days a week) where it is cooler ... but I will miss him overnight
I would start writing down every thing I would need to ask her . That way you wont forget any thing. Good Luck.
YorkieShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!